You are looking for quick answers to your question? We gave the most common questions to this chart.
How precise and fast does the cable detect a temperature change?
Through the addressed sensors a temperature change is located very precisely. The measuring cycle of the cable is maximum 10 seconds.
Does the measurement accuracy of ± 0.1 K apply for the whole cable length?
Yes, and this is unique on the market. The repeatability of the d-LISTcontroller is ± 0.0625 K.
Are the sensor distances freely selectable?
We are offering standard sensor cables but it is as well possible for the customers to select the sensor spacing freely.
What is the maximum cable length I can order in one piece?
We deliver on cable drums with a maximum length of 2,000 meters (SEC 20) or 2,400 meters (SEC 15). For the sensor cable SEC 20, longer cable lengths can be realised by means of cable sleeves joints or connection boxes.
Is it necessary to install the sensor cable directly to the sensor control unit?
The sensor cable will be installed only in the area, where the temperature is monitored. The connection to the sensor control unit will be realised with a connection cable.
As the cable itself is maintenance free, is it possible to maintain the controllers by remote?
Our technicians can access the control units by telephone modem or through a network (with client consent).
Can a damaged sensor cable be repaired or must the entire cable length be replaced?
The sensor cables of both systems can be repaired several times without impairing the functionality and without loss of properties.
Does the systems detect convectional heat or heat radiation?
The sensor cables of both systems react to convection heat as well as to thermal radiation, which mainly contributes to fire detection at higher wind speeds (e.g. in tunnels). The LIST sensor cable guarantees a localised fire detection even at wind speeds of 10 m/s.
Are LIST-systems approved by VdS?
- the LISTcontroller and the sensor cable SEC 20 are approved according to EN 54-22:2015+A1:2020, response classes A1N, A2N and BN, environmental group III, VdS approval no: G 213072.
- the d-LISTcontroller and the SCU 835 as well as the sensor cable SEC 15 are approved according to EN 54-22:2015+A1:2020, response classes A1N, A2N, BN, CN, A1I, A2I. BI, CI, environmental group III, VdS approval no: G 221004.
Are the systems ATEX approved?
- the d-LIST system is approved for ATEX zones 2 and 22 with the sensor control unit SCU 800-03-Ex, sensor cable SEC 15-Ex, connection box CBO 5-Ex and external sensors ESD-A5-Ex.
- The LIST system is approved for ATEX Zones 2 and 22 with the sensor cable SEC 20-Ex, connection box CBO 20-*-Ex and external sensors ESA-A5-Ex .
Does the d-LIST system have a marine certification?
- the sensor control units d-LISTcontroller / SCU 835 and the sensor cable SEC 15 are approved according to DNV, certification no.: TAA000030H.
How many alarm zones can be configured with the LISTcontroller?
Up to 254 alarm zones can be programmed. Section-by-section alarm signalling takes place either via relay contacts of the relay module RELMOD or via open data protocols to superordinate systems (FACP/PLC).
Is the production switched to another country?
No, all our LISTcables and control units are "Made in Germany".
Are trainings available for the two systems?
We are offering trainings in Isen near Munich, the date for the next trainings are published on our homepage.